Employment Law Solutions For Employers
Managing the employer-employee relationship is among the greatest challenges of running a business. It’s a balancing act to attract talented people and keep them happy while protecting trade secrets and your bottom line. Employee disputes are a distraction and a threat you don’t need.
The lawyers of Henson, Talley & Scallon LLP provide solid counsel and representation to employers in Greensboro and surrounding communities of North Carolina. We can advise on all facets of employment law to help you prevent or manage conflicts, and our trial lawyers can capably defend your interests in employment litigation.
Trusted, Comprehensive Employment Consulting
We serve small, mid-sized and large businesses across many industries, from bars and restaurants, construction contractors and trucking companies to major retailers and tech firms. We provide comprehensive business law services, including the full spectrum of employment matters:
- Negotiation, drafting and reviewing of employee contracts
- Noncompete agreements and restrictive covenants
- Hiring practices and employment policies
- Compliance with state and federal labor laws
- Internal investigations and employee complaints
- Workers’ compensation issues
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance and disability accommodations
We believe that a thoughtful and proactive approach to employee contracts and personnel matters pays dividends by drawing clear lines for both employers and employees.
Employment Litigation And Dispute Resolution
Even with sound practices in place, employee disputes inevitably arise. Our skilled attorneys can defend or initiate legal action, including:
- Litigation over theft of trade secrets or violation of noncompetes
- Severance negotiations or buyouts with executives and key employees
- Lawsuits for harassment, discrimination, retaliation or wrongful termination
- Wage and hour claims (e.g., unpaid overtime, employee misclassification)
- Terminating a problem employee
When feasible, we strive to resolve employment disputes out of court to limit the distraction, expense and damage to your company’s goodwill. However, if a negotiated resolution is not possible, our experienced litigators are prepared to go to court to fight for your best interests.