Compensation For Wrongful Death
Have you lost a loved one due to the negligent actions of another person or business? We encourage you to consult an experienced lawyer before accepting a settlement or any other form of compensation from an insurance company. At the law firm of Henson, Talley & Scallon LLP, we are committed to tipping the scales to your side. You deserve fair treatment. We will see that you get it.
Expenses A Wrongful Death Suit Can Cover
For years, our Greensboro wrongful death attorneys have helped countless North Carolina families successfully file, negotiate, and litigate wrongful death lawsuits to obtain compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Funeral expenses
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Loss of consortium
- Workers’ comp, retirement, pension benefits, and other benefits
- Punitive damages
The Hands-On Service Your Family Deserves
At Henson, Talley & Scallon LLP, we understand these are difficult times filled with difficult decisions. Our lawyers believe in providing hands-on legal service. We will actually be there for you when you need us, ready to listen to you and answer any questions you have. Your case will not be passed around from an attorney, to a paralegal, to an assistant. You will get the attention you and your family deserve.
The rules governing a wrongful death claim in North Carolina are very specific in terms of who can file a claim and the time they have to do so. These rules are subject to exceptions, however, that can only be identified by an experienced wrongful death lawyer, like the attorneys at Henson, Talley & Scallon LLP. In addition, we will work closely with all potential claimants and the administrator of the estate to present a unified legal action that avoids potentially costly and time-consuming disputes between family members.
We Have The Experience In A Wide Range Of Issues
Fatal accidents can happen nearly anywhere. Our broad range of experience includes the following areas:
- Car accidents: motor vehicle collisions and car and pedestrian accidents
- Workers’ compensation: workplace injuries, construction site injuries, and injuries on the job
- Premises liability: slip and fall, trip and fall, negligent security, stairway accidents, missing safety features, dangerous property, and dog bites
- Products liability: defective products, toy defects, power tool defects, and automobile defects